6 Easy Steps to Healing Your Gut-Microbiome:
- Load your gut up on a colorful array of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. These foods help feed the good bacteria in your gut!
- Include fermented foods like yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, and kimchi. These foods contain probiotics that help repopulate your gut with beneficial bacteria.
- Reduce your intake of processed foods, added sugars, and saturated fats. Eating foods that come in a box or in bag instead of a plant or a meat from an ethically raised farm can disrupt the balance of good bacteria in your gut.
- Taking a good, high-quality probiotic can be super helpful in repopulating your gut with beneficial bacteria.
- Stress can disrupt the balance in your gut because of the powerful bain-gut axis connection. Try exercise, meditation, or breath-work to decrease stress. If you are stressed, anxious, or depressed, look at healing your gut. (Stay tuned for a future blog addressing this very important topic).
- Stay hydrated by drinking filter or purified water (note: avoid drinking reverse osmosis water unless it’s been re-mineralized).
Everyone’s gut microbiome is unique and in a different place of health and healing. It’s okay to experiment with one suggestion at a time. Keeping a journal to track what works for you will keep you focused and confident on your goal of gut health. Healing and wellness is a marathon not a race.
Consult with your healthcare professional before taking any supplement or making any significant changes to your diet or lifestyle.
There is hope. There is help. You are not alone. As always… Live Life Encouraged.